Our social and political landscape is incredibly contentious. We need some guidelines to help us and our kids navigate these treacherous waters. In this episode of CHRISTIAN PARENT/CRAZY WORLD, I discuss how to talk about sensitive topics with your kids, telling them the truth – which can be offensive – but with love.
How do we do that?
I’ve got 6 guidelines.
To hear the podcast, click on the image below:
1. Listen. Really listen.
2. Respect other people’s beliefs. Don’t ridicule
3. Don’t assume a motive. Challenge methods, not motives.
4. Be more concerned about people than your position.
5. Speak in love while never denying truth.
6. Recognize that what people need most is not an argument, it is an experience with God.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. (Matt. 7:12)
The “love” chapter: 1 Corinthians 13
The Danger of Speaking Truth without Love
C.S. Lewis’ “Mere Christianity” Broadcast
C.S. Lewis’ conversion from atheism to Christianity
C.S. Lewis quote on his encounter with God at Oxford
Catherine Segars is an award-winning actress and playwright — turned stay-at-home-mother—turned author, speaker and blogger. She is dedicated to helping other women see their worth in a season when they often feel less-than.
Brand Design + Website by Carrylove Designs
Brand + Website Design by Carrylove Designs